Our day old chicks are produced under high bio-security, hygienic environment and from high-quality parents. We also ensure they are adequately vaccinated for their age.
- The Zartech Cobb 500 broiler strain offers feed efficiency and yields for live market/poultry meat processing production.
- Its comparably higher processed/breast meat makes it a preferable choice for poultry producers.
- The price listed is for a carton of 50 chicks.
- Schedule for vaccination and medication will be forwarded to your email upon placement of successful orders.
Zartech Broilers (Cobb 500)
The Cobb 500 is characterized by a lower feed conversion rate, impressive growth rate and an ability to thrive on low density, less costly nutrition. These attributes combine to give the Cobb 500 the competitive advantage of the lowest cost per kilogram or pound of live-weight produced for the growing customer base worldwide.
Attributes of the Zartech Cobb 500
- Lowest cost of live weight produced
- Superior performance on lower cost feed rations
- A feed efficient breed with an excellent growth rate
- Best broiler uniformity for processing
- Competitive breed
- The Cobb 500 is bred to produce chicken efficiently through consistent parent performance, excellent broiler performance, and good processing yield.
- Thus, In markets where broilers are still mostly sold whole, its breast conformation and growth is sure to attract the consumers’ attention.
This breed has been steadily improved through established breed selection processes involving traditional and novel scientific technology. This ensures consistency and value is added to the end products.
Additional tips for raising broilers
- Preheat the sheds three days before placement, so that when the chicks arrive the concrete and bedding will be warm enough (as the chick’s body will be in contact with the floor, thus failure to have adequate floor temperatures will mean the chicks are likely to huddle especially if the heat source is not enough).
- Bedding: Wood shavings are ideal. Therefore ensure there are no pieces of foreign materials (glass or metal) and ensure bedding material is dry.
- Always monitor your birds closely to ensure a good spread of chicks and flock activity.
- Strictly adhere to the vaccination and medication schedule sent to your email after purchase.
- Involve the services of qualified veterinary personnel as well, for the routine farm visits, vaccinations, prophylactic treatment etc.
Specification: Commercial Day-Old ZARTECH Broilers (Cobb 500)