Quinoprim is a broad spectrum anticoccidial and antibiotic agent indicated for the fast and effective control of coccidiosis in chickens.
- It is also indicated against infectious coryza, collisepticemia, infectious sinusitis, fowl cholera, pullorum disease, fowl typhoid, secondary bacterial infections associated with respiratory diseases, mycoplasmosis and stress situations.
Quinoprim is indicated for use in drinking water only for the treatment of coccidiosis in chickens and for the treatment of collisepticemia in chickens and turkeys.
Each 1g contains :
- Sulphaquinoxaline (as Sulphaquinoxaline sodium)……………………. 500mg
- Trimethoprim……………………………………………….. 165mg
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose is the equivalent of 30 mg combined Trimethoprim and Sulphaquinoxaline per kg bodyweight daily. This dose is provided by the following inclusion rates:
- In drinking water: 28 g per 100 liters
- Treatment should be repeated daily for 5 days or until 2 days after symptoms have subsided, but not exceeding 14 days in total.
- Make an initial solution Quinoprim at the rate of 28 g powder in 2 litres of cold water. This should be stirred until well dissolved.
- The solution should then be added to the poultry drinker or water header tank at approximately the rate of 2 litres to 98 litres of drinking water. The mixture should be gently stirred until the powder has dissolved.
- Quinoprim will retain its potency for 24 hours as a solution in drinking water. It should always be prepared shortly before use.
- Not to be used as a combination with other medication (including coccidiostats).
- Do not use in layer and breeder flocks when birds are in lay.
- Not to be used in turkeys of less than 21 days of age.
- Birds must not be slaughtered for human consumption during treatment.
- Broiler chickens may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 10 days from the last treatment and turkeys may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 14 days from the last treatment.
- Do not administer to birds producing eggs for human consumption.
- Store in a dry and dark place at a temperature below 30˚C.
Specification: Quinoprim (Water Soluble Antibiotic/Anticoccidial Powder) 100g