Arbor Acres has been in business for more than 80 years and is one of the oldest and most respected names in the poultry industry. As one of the Aviagen brands, product development is firmly focused on meeting the current and future needs of the global chicken market.
Through a progressive program of breeding and selection, Arbor Acres products have been developed to serve the multiple demands of markets around the world. The Arbor Acres product line is steadily improved to ensure all products consistently add value to customer operations through established breed selection processes that use both traditional scientific techniques and the latest in technology.
Arbor Acres Broilers are a docile breed that enjoys being around humans. They are calm and active, but not hyper or crazy. They seem to have the same personality as other broiler breeds, except that they may be slightly more curious than others.
They tend to get along well with other animals and people, making them good candidates for farm life or even city life if you have space for them outside your apartment (which is where I live).
The Arbor Acres Broiler is a breed of chicken developed in the United States. It was developed by the Arbor Acres Farm, located in Michigan and owned by Henry Johnson. The breed was brought to market in 1959 after Johnson’s daughter discovered it on their farm.
They are an English dual-purpose breed and are known for their sweet flavor and tender meat.
Premium day old chicks are produced under high bio-security, hygienic environment and from high-quality parents. Premium chicks are fully protected from most popular poultry diseases due to good doze of passive immunity they get from our adequately vaccinated parent stock with the main objective to give farmer small take off enterprise.
- We offer quality day-old arbor acres plus broilers with an impressive growth rate, feed conversion ratio, livability, and good dressing weight.
- The price listed is for a carton of 50 chicks.
- Vaccination and Medication Schedule will be forwarded to your Email/WhatsApp upon placement of successful orders upon request.
Premium Arbor Acres Plus Broilers
The arbor acres plus – through a progressive program of breeding and selection – have been developed to serve the increasing demand for quality white meat. Thus this breed has been steadily improved through established breed selection processes involving traditional and novel scientific technology. This ensures consistency and value is added to the end products.
- Therefore, the cornerstone of the Arbor Acres brand is the highly successful and competitive Arbor Acres Plus.
- The Plus is bred to produce chicken efficiently through consistent parent performance, excellent broiler performance, and good processing yield.
- These are of mutual benefit to the breeder farms, hatcheries, poultry farmers and customers alike.
- Thus, In markets where broilers are still mostly sold whole, its breast conformation is sure to attract the consumers’ attention.
Additional tips for raising broilers
- Preheat the sheds three days before placement, so that when the chicks arrive the concrete and bedding will be warm enough (as the chick’s body will be in contact with the floor, thus failure to have adequate floor temperatures will mean the chicks are likely to huddle especially if the heat source is not enough).
- Bedding: Wood shavings are ideal. Therefore ensure there are no pieces of foreign materials (glass or metal) and ensure bedding material is dry.
- Always monitor your birds closely to ensure a good spread of chicks and flock activity.
- Strictly adhere to the vaccination and medication schedule sent to your email after purchase.
- Involve the services of qualified veterinary personnel as well, for the routine farm visits, vaccinations, prophylactic treatment etc.