Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD), freeze dried live vaccine – Virgo 7 strain
Composition: Each dose contains: Infectious Bursal Disease virus, Virgo 7 intermediate strain, at least 102.7 EID50.
Indications: Immunization of chickens against Infectious Bursal Disease (Gumboro Disease).
Administration and dosage: Use by instructions of a veterinarian.
Reconstitution: Reconstitute immediately prior to use:
Aseptically transfer 5 ml of cooled sterilized distilled water into the vaccine vial. Shake well for complete reconstitution.
– Do not add disinfectants to the drinking water 3 days before vaccination.
– Deprive the birds of drinking water two hours before vaccination.
– Prepare adequate volume of drinking water to be consumed within one to two hours.
– Protect the dissolved vaccine virus from chlorine by adding Blue Neutrachlor (following the instructions) or skim milk powder (50g/20L) or skim milk (0.5L/20L) to the drinking water and mix well.
– Mix well the reconstitueted vaccine in the final volume of disinfectant-free drinking water.
– Let the birds consume all the vaccine-water volume before renewing water supply.
– Prepare, for each 1000 doses 100-300 ml cooled, sterilized and disinfectant-free distilled water.
– Add the reconstituted vaccine to the adequate volume of spraying water, immediately prior to use, and mix well.
– Fans should be stopped before spraying.
– Spray the vaccine solution 30-60 cm above the birds using an adjudted pressure-sprayer.
– For primary vaccination use coarse spray method.
Vaccination age: The optimal age of vaccination, depands on the level of the IBD maternal antibodies. It is usually 16-18 days of age. Birds with no maternal antibodies preferably be primed with milder 2512 strain (Vir 108).
– Vaccinate healthy flock only.
– Discard unused remained vaccine.
Withdrawal period: None
Storage: Store at 2°- 8°C, protected from direct sun light.
Presentation: Available in 200, 500, 1,000, 2,500, and 5,000 doses.